Sunday, September 03, 2006

Why I Like Duff

I saw this article http://men.msn.com/articlees.aspx?cp-documentid=760907&GT1=8572 and had to post it so everyone could take at look at the words of wisdom.

Really, though, the reason I Duff is because he's an Irish soccer player named after Homer's favorite beer. For the latest, go to www.premierleague.com and so who's just paid millions for him.

As you'll see, Duff had a great 2002 World Cup. This was the first time he got on my radar screen. As I understand it, he wasn't a starter until the captain, Keane, was kicked off the team for dissent with the manager.

I have his Irish National jersey (its not the same one now, though). It's got a huge orange Eircom symbol on it that my son thinks is a pumpkin. He often tries to eat the pumpkin and then laughs at his own joke.

This Christmas, I got his Chelsea jersey. It is a good looking shirt. Now that I've taken off almost 30 pounds, it looks pretty good on me.

Now, I suppose I'll need his Newcastle shirt.

Back to the words of wisdom. I think my favorite come from Bart. At a religious revival event, the preacher tells Bart to change his ways. Bart indicates that he's banking on a wild life and a death-bed repetance. The preacher asks him, "What if you die early." Bart is thrilled by the idea of "full coverage," repents and becomes a preacher. Kind of like Ned Flanders staying kosher, just in case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.