Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Rose By Any Other Name

The name dispute is almost over. It looks like there will be a "jkelly3" because my wife is winning out with Julia. We've been mulling over a middle name.

We have it narrowed down to 2 -- one really, with 2 different spellings.Either Rosaleen or Roisin (pronounced "ro-sheen"). It means "little rose."

Here is a link to the name meaning. You can turn up the volume and hear the meaning read to you: http://www.babynamesofireland.com/pages/girl-names-n-z.html

Also, here is a link to the poem mentioned:
http://www.bartleby.com/101/664.html

I like the Irish pronunciation, so does my wife. However, the concern is pronunciation. How often will she have to correct someone? But then again, how often would she be called by her middle name when not in trouble?

5 comments:

Darth Rex0 said...

I love either of the names. They are very, very cool.

I just discovered this site and looks like I've got some catching up to do.

Mind if I pop in occasionaly? I love taverns. Especially ones with Guiness.

amidalooine said...

Your wife has excellent taste in baby names, j. I love the poem, love the Irish meaning, the Irish sentiment. I would probably spell it Roisin since it's her middle name, and the uniqueness of it as a middle name would be different than the difficulty with its pronunciation as a first name.

Julia Kelly. I just love her already!

How is Mrs. jkelly feeling? Has she felt Julia move yet? Have you. I'm just so excited for you.

amidalooine said...

Good to see you here, Rex...not like I'm welcoming you to j's blog or anything. Sorry about that, j!

JSun said...

"Good to see you here, Rex...not like I'm welcoming you to j's blog or anything."

Please say hello to the fellow patrons. It will make them feel at home so they will buy more beer.

ewanandhaydenfan5 said...

Nice to be here at the Tavern!

I think Julia is a beautiful name, and "Julia Kelly" has a nice flow. I hope Mrs. Jkelly is doing well.